Important information about current and upcoming corridor project construction events.
Update Archive (PDF)
Use the pulldown menu below to view prior construction updates.
March 24, 2023
What to Expect for the Week of March 27, 2023, to March 31, 2023
East Side of Project
- Paving in preparation for the 2023 Boston Marathon is scheduled to begin on Wednesday March 29.
- This work will be on the east side of the project only (from Grove Street to Ray Street).
- Milling will take place on Wednesday, March 29 followed by paving on Thursday, March 30.
- Temporary line striping will be done on Thursday night after the paving is completed.
- Paving and temporary line striping are subject to weather changes.
- The eastbound detour from Grove Street to Maple Street to Hayden Rowe will be utilized on Wednesday, March 29 and Thursday, March 30 to accommodate paving in preparation for the Boston Marathon.
Please be advised that this schedule may change due to weather and existing conditions found while performing the above tasks. This work may impact traffic and require lane and sidewalk closures limiting access to driveways and entrances to businesses.
Anticipated Work Hours
Day work is anticipated to begin at 7:00am and generally conclude at 3:00pm during the weekdays (Monday through Friday). Anticipate site set up could occur just prior to 7am.
No detours, one lane closures or road closures are allowed between 7am and 9am.
As with all construction work, activities are anticipated as unexpected issues can arise and delay progress. Updates will be provided weekly.
Property Access and Parking Updates
Some on-street parking may be closed during construction.
If you have questions about access or parking to a business or home, please contact the Town’s Project Specialist (below). During the utility undergrounding work, the Town and the contractor will reach out to any abutters that will be directly impacted with regard to limited or no access to driveways. Police details and a MassDOT Resident Engineer will be on-site during construction.
NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. We ask that you take notice of these signs and refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours.
Sidewalk Reconstructuring Sequencing
Sidewalks are not anticipated to be reconstructed at the start of the project unless the proposed drainage and undergrounding of utility work is in a sidewalk. Updates will be provided.
Sign-up for Main Street construction updates
Receive project updates right in your inbox!
Submit your name and email address using the Hopkinton Main Street Corridor Project Email List Signup form »