Rendering: View over Grove St. looking north (proposed)
February 26, 2021
Onset of Construction Activities
It is anticipated that the MassDOT contractor, A.F. Amorello will begin to mobilize in the coming weeks to begin the long-anticipated construction of improvements to enhance Hopkinton’s Main Street Corridor. The Town is working closely with MassDOT and the contractor to ensure the consistent flow of accurate and timely information about this project and its temporary construction impacts to downtown abutters, businesses, commuters, and the community at large.
What To Expect in the Coming Weeks:
- Beginning the week of Monday, March 8, 2021, the contractor, A.F. Amorello will begin to mobilize on the site.
- Neighbors and commuters can expect this phase to include the installation of Variable Flashing Message Boards (VMBs) generally located on West Main Street, Wood Street, East Main Street, Cedar Street and Grove Street. These boards will alert neighbors and commuters of upcoming traffic impacts and construction activities.
- Also beginning on Monday, March 8th, the contractor will begin installing construction signage associated with the beginning of construction.
- Actual project work by the contractor is anticipated to begin, weather permitting, the week of March 15th at the East Main Street/Ash Street area.
- As the work commences, police details will be onsite daily to coordinate all construction activities.
- Construction is planned to take place Monday through Friday, between 7am and 3pm.
- Abutting homes and businesses will be notified directly and in advance of any work that will temporarily impact vehicular access to their properties as construction advances.
Anticipated Work Hours
Day work is anticipated to begin at 7:00 a.m. and generally conclude around 3:00 p.m. during the weekdays (Monday through Friday), though some days may go a bit longer. Anticipate site set up could occur just prior to 7:00 a.m.
As with all construction work, activities are anticipated as unexpected issues can arise and delay progress. Updates will be provided weekly.
Property Access and Parking Updates
Some on-street parking may be closed during construction. If you have questions about access or parking to a business or home, please contact the Town’s Project Specialist (below). Access to businesses and homes will be maintained during construction. Police details and a MassDOT Resident Engineer will be on-site during construction.
NO PARKING signs will be posted 24-hours in advance of road work. We ask that you take notice of these signs and refrain from parking in these areas during the posted hours.
Sidewalk Reconstructuring Sequencing
A construction schedule will be provided by the Contractor over the next few weeks. Sidewalks are not anticipated to be reconstructed at the start of the project unless the proposed drainage and undergrounding of utility work is in a sidewalk. Updates will be provided.
Sign-up for Main Street construction updates
Receive project updates right in your inbox!
Submit your name and email address using the Hopkinton Main Street Corridor Project Email List Signup form »