Update Archive (PDF)
Use the pulldown menu below to view prior construction updates.
February 21, 2024
Night Work on Crosswalks Scheduled for Wednesday, February 21st
Markings, Inc. will be onsite to refresh the crosswalks with temporary paint. Any additional striping needed may take place, time permitting.
A construction meeting was held on January 23. In attendance were representatives from the Town, VHB, MassDOT, Amorello, and Eversource. Amorello confirmed during the meeting that they have not set a time for returning to the project. Utility work, including both overhead and underground work, needs to be completed before Amorello will be able to schedule any work.
Project Status/Anticipated Work
- Eversource is still awaiting the availability of transformers. No additional information is available. Eversource anticipates starting the transfer of overhead electrical lines to the new utility poles in about a month; no definitive date has been set. MassDOT confirmed a utility meeting will be held once a date is confirmed.
- When the transfer of overhead utilities is complete, the old poles will be removed. MassDOT has confirmed this will allow work to be completed from Wood St. to the Fire Station where the utilities are not being undergrounded.
- Amorello will not be able to continue work from the Fire Station to Ash St, until Eversource is able to complete the underground portion of the project in this area.
- Signal Poles and Peeling Paint - MassDOT is reviewing another repair-in-place process from the manufacturer to determine if the process is acceptable. It will need to be field tested before final approval. The Town noted that replacement is preferred.
- Weekly Construction Advisories will resume when there are weekly updates on the project. Until then the Town will send Project Updates as needed.